Sunday, November 22, 2009

NS International - 15th flr. Teleperformance bldg. San Miguel ave. Ortigas

It was a busy monday when I received a call from my cellphone.  The person on the other line introduced herself as working for an international company.   The call went something like this:

Hi!  Is this *Chatty Katty*? 
Yes, speaking.
This is *blahblah from blahblah* (she said it too fast for me to catch the words).  We're actually looking for a few people for a leadership and management position.  The position is part time only but you can earn from Php15,000-20,000 and you only have to work for 8-10 hours a week.  Actually you come highly recommended to us so we'd like you to come to an appointment so we can discuss the details further.  There's absolutely no commitments yet before you are able to come and get the full details of the position.  So, can I schedule you for an appointment? 
Sure, when will that be?
Okay, I can schedule you on Friday, there's two times available 3:30pm or 6:30pm, what time would you like to come? 
3:30pm
Okay, I'll give you the address, its 15th floor Teleperformance building, San Miguel avenue, Ortigas.  It's right by SM Megamall.  Can you repeat the address so I can make sure you wrote it down correctly? 
 Okay, 15th floor Teleperformance building, San Miguel avenue, Ortigas.  Then almost as an afterthought I asked, what's the name of your company again?
Oh, its NS International, we're not a call center.  Now just look for Ms.  Bleepbleep and please come in business attire. 
What should I bring?
Since its just a pre-qualification appointment, just bring one ID. 
Okay, thanks.
And Ms. *Chatty Katty* you seem to be a professional person so I hope there will be no cancelling of appointment at the last minute.
Okay, bye!

Alright, knowing what I know now let me tell you, I feel like quite an idiot not questioning most of what she said.  My only defense is that I was pretty busy and I didn't think too much of it at the time.  In any case, at that point, I had fallen hook line and sinker.

On Tuesday, I decided to start going over the details that I had written down for the appointment.  Take note, she mentioned a job, but she did not say it would be for an interview.  Anyway, I went here, to my trusty computer and decided to research the company.  As I would later point out to Ms. Bleepbleep, no one goes to an interview (because that's how I saw it at the time) without a background of the company.

Open, Yahoo! Search keyword NS International Philippines, and I came up with a dozen possibles, including Nutri-System and Nippon Shaft.  So new search, Yahoo! Search keyword 15th flr Teleperformance bldg Ortigas.  Here gentlemen (or women as the case may be) is where it got interesting.

Wouldn't you know it?  Dozens of blogs, forums, comments, all about my appointment and how it was a scam.  Yup, that's what they said, its a SCAM.  Of course, in court, all of what they say would be hearsay, and after reading all the people said about the call I received, I was still a bit hesitant to label them a scam.  So what I did instead was pester the heck out of the person who called me.  (Twenty or so text messages later, I bet she wishes she hadn't called me). 

In that vein, I pursued an alternate route to get to the truth.  I texted her on the pretext of wanting to get more information about the company and to confirm its validity.  The very basis of going to an unknown place just because someone told you to go there is ludicrous, which is the reason I gave for demanding the information out of her.  In the end, it got me nowhere.

It was at that point that a part of me really started to believe all those blogs and comments and notices about that call.  Thankfully it wasn't because they were able to con me into going there, but it was because of the extremes that she went through just to avoid giving me any more information while trying to persuade me to come there.  It was, in a word, ridiculous.  But that, my friends, was only the beginning.

Coming up! Our text conversation...

30 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super thanks sa blog. this "company" called me last wednesday. XD thanks sooo much.. as in super doubt ako since sinabi nyang may nagrecommend daw sakin, pero nung tinanong ko kung sino, hindi nya nasagot. ayun. super thanks for this blog. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. same company called me last night and told me exactly the same words na sinabi nya sa'yo. SCRIPTED!!!! any how nag-dadoubt din ako about this company and about the person who called me. i asked her who recommended me. she was able to provide a name however i've never heard of that person neither met her. sabi nila it's a SCAM wag na daw ako pumunta. the weird thing was, when she called me she didn't call me by my full name but with my nickname.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nako. just had this call like 30 minutes ago. and sakto i was in front of the computer. i asked kasi what kind of business or some sort the company was into. tas sabi nung 'melissa' is tha nasa health care blar sila. then i frankly said that in my google search said otherwise. binabaan nya ko ng phone and calling the next minute saying excuses. lol. the scary part is nung tinawagan nilang number eh hindi ko naman hinookup for any interview or hindi man lang nakalagay sa aking resume ung number na un. and alam nila where ka nag-aral or nagstay. it's really creepy. and yes. they call you by your first name. not even the your apelyido. gads. so disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone called me up yesterday offering me a part time job for a "health & Wellness" Company. I was surprised when I read this blog since these were the exact same words that actually came out of the mouth of a Ms. Elizabeth asking me to go to this exact same address for an appointment. Actually, I was about to go later this evening for a 6:30 PM appointment but since I'm not familiar with the Ortigas Area, I took a time to research on the place. I was surprised when this blog came out after putting the complete address the woman gave me on the search field. After reading your posts, I texted them immediately and I asked them if they can enlighten me by giving me additional details about the company. The woman even gave me a call and I frankly asked her if what I saw on the internet is true. All she's telling me is that I can go to the appointment to verify that information. I told her that I can't make a promise to go to the said appointment since I want to make sure that everything she's saying is true. She just told me that she's in a meeting and can't accommodate a longer conversation. Anyway, It's not that i have come to the conclusion that this scheme is really illegal or something but with the fact that they cannot give more information, who the heck would be brave enough and take a risk to go to an appointment without a background of where he/she's really going to. It's just like going to a war without weapons... And so I decided that I will not go to that appointment.. haha! After that straight forward conversation with that woman, hell no! I wonder what they can do to me once I get there..haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha.. iGot a call from that company and find out in this blog Toinks its a scammmmmmmmmmmmm//Tnx dude

    ReplyDelete
  8. kakatawag lang sa kin nito ngayon. hahaha. after the phone call i searched agad NS International. hoho. It's a good thing I don't believe in such. Student pa lang my gosh. Di pa ngah q tapos sa thesis ko! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for that Information. I got a call from this company as well. To check for the background of the company, i decided to browse it, and here what I found out.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey thanks for this info, they called me last night and I was about to go there on friday same place @ 3pm.. Thankfully I found this information=) Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hays grabe scammmmmmmmmmmmm pla tumawag sa akin ngayun lang buti na tnung ko kung my site cla ayun cnv nya n ns international,tapus pina ulit ko nse international nmn daw thank talga sa blog na to....saka ma hahalata na din eh n scam....

    ReplyDelete
  12. a girl called me named charolane 5 minutes ago luckily i am on my computer so i started to search nse international then i found out that this company is a scum bag low life cock sucking douche fag.... i wondered where the hell they got my information she knows my school and my name well beware.... she fucked the wrong guy,,,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Guys, their company is a legit one naman. The problem is that they use a "front" telling people beforehand that they have JOB Opportunities in hand for them when truth is they will only make you attend networking seminars. I work in the media right now. I received a call from a Miss Kristel a week ago and our conversation went exactly like the above conversation. We're supposed to meet today but because she hasn't been answering my calls, I couldn't remember the name of the company since she mentioned it really fast that first time we talk. I decided not to go since I don't have any idea about the company. I don't think naman that they're a scam business. But they should just tell people agad about the nature of their business instead of lying to them so they could get them to go to the seminar. There are people out there naman kasi who would be interested with the selling thing so sabihin na lang dapat nila agad rather than to waste other people's time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for this post.. buti nalang nabasa ko to..im planning to go there tom ,... so nag search ako sa net ng address nila.. tapos nakita ko nga yung mga negative feedbacks.. hays..buti nalang talaga... same conversation! grabe,,,

    ReplyDelete
  15. i just receive the call 5minutes ago...check the company on the web and i found this..thank you so much :D
    Beside they don't really sound legit...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I received the same 'script' from a former acquaintance. Papunta dapat ako bukas, April 09, 2011. Pero syempre just like many of you, I did my research and I found this.

    I believe they changed location to 12flr, Belvedere Bldg, Ortigas.

    Kung networking sila sana they're upfront about it. Hindi iyong nanloloko sila. Dahil kakilala ko, muntikan na ko dun. Salamat dito. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. shocks... someone called me just 10 mins ago... she said the same words... ohhh my i really don't know what the company is because she spoke too fast... and i really don't know the place.. thanks for the post...

    ReplyDelete
  18. same thing goes here. i received a call this morning stating the above affirmation. even bought clothes for that, but deep inside of me, i was so hesitant. ( after the call, i searched the company but found nothing.) good thing my instinct told me to browse the address and found this blog.
    thanks for the post!..
    positivity: i thank them coz i got new clothes for myself:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, I'm actually searching about NS International, because same thing happened to me yesterday afternoon when someone from that company called me up with the same script as yours. compensation is really good but she did not explained the company and the job well, so i started to have doubts. I said, I'll be there at 1:30pm as she also gave me options if it's on Monday or today. i also asked that woman on the phone if I could bring my friend who needs needs a job, but she refuses because there are only limited slots. Since most of my research today about this company are not good, I will not bother going to that place anymore... mamaya kung ano pang mangyari sakin.. :)

    thanks again for sharing this and have a nice day to all!...

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for this..tinwagan din ako kaso di ko gno maintndhan antulin kasi...tsk tsk.niresearch ko and voila....muntik nko dun ha...im desperate p nmn to find a job tapoz gnun lng pala..hehe anyweiz tnx for this...^___^ BIG HELP IT IS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks so much for this! kala ko pa naman matino ang kausap kong lalaki from NS international wew. sabi health and wellness company, parang proctor and gamble kami pero mas malaki, maganda compensation. hayyzzz

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks dude. this shit called me today. and its fast also. damn. good thing i'm connected everywhere lolz. its a scam surely. she gave me an apointment this weds.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi thank you for this blog, someone called me yesterday with the very same script mentioned above. The only thing that changed are the caller's name and address but the time,name of the company and all the rest are perfectly the same. Good thing i doubt it coz everything comes so fast and you know all that comes as fast as this will cost you much if you would not be careful enough. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. they called me too. but #15 was not mentioned anymore :p

    ReplyDelete
  25. thanks for this blog. i also received a call from this NSE jsut yesterday so doubting i never heard it is a co.,the caller didnt ask for a resume,and i was so perplexed how did she get my contact and infos? sama na same ang strategy nila i read comments here and on the other blogs.. whereas i dont remember i was applying for any job? kinabahan ako that i arrived to researching and boom! they're doing dirty business and deceiving people. i decided to cancel the appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  26. mark Anthony perlado Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:30PM
    maraming maraming salamat sa blog na to;'
    tikan n akong naniwala' wiww'

    ReplyDelete
  27. NS international naman ang sinabi sakin nung tumawag na Ms. Diana ek ek kakaloka.. kahit gaano pa ka legal ang kumpanya kung sa umpisa palang manloloko na sila SCAM parin yun.. tsk

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for the information. At least I've been forewarned.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh gosh, thanks so much for this blog. Someone also called me two days ago, named Ms. Cervantes, telling me the very same thing! Indeed, it's scripted. That's why I can't get much from what the caller is saying because she speaks kinda fast. And from the moment I asked for the name of the company, and she can't tell an exact real one, that's the time I doubt about her call. She can't even tell me about the job details! She just said that it is for a US biotechnology company that is expanding here in the Philippines etc etc. Duh, how can I trust something like that, right?

    Anyway, thank you so much for sharing your experience through this blog post. Good thing I google-d about this because I was honestly having second thoughts about going though I am really in doubt. I'm glad I was able to avoid getting scammed in that building.

    ReplyDelete
  30. "My technology-free day was a nightmare," exclaims one student at the very beginning of her final presentation on technology, nature, and her inner experiences of both. This exclamation has amused me so much that I have repeated it often through the day when describing this project to other students and colleagues at Saint Francis University, a small university tucked into the hills of the Allegheny mountains in central Pennsylvania. see here

    ReplyDelete